• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jiangfebio
    • Dec 2016

Simple shear simulation

Hello,

I am planning to 1) prestrech a rectangle specimen uniaxally 2) apply simple shear to the specimen

It seems to me that I need set up two steps for the simulation.

a) In initial step, I set fixed boundary condition for the right short edge of the specimen, and apply a prestretch at the left short edge of the specimen along the long edge direction

b) In Step1, I fix the left short edge of the specimen and apply shear(prescribed displacement along short edge) at the right short edge of the specimen

Here I attached a word file stating the procedures.

It looks like there is some issue with this setup when I run the feb file.

Here I attached a feb file.

Let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks for your time and help.
    Attached Files
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi,

The basic idea was correct, but some of the boundary conditions were clashing. I modified the file and I believe it is working as you had intended. These are the changes I made:
    - Moved the fixed bcs from the initial Boundary section to Step1. I retained the prescribed bc in this section because this is the only BC that must propagate through both steps.
    - Moved the bcs from Step1 to Step2, since that's where the y-displacement needs to be applied.
    - Modified loadcurve 2 so that the time values corresponds with the time range from step 2.

I have attached my modified file. Please take a look and let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Steve
    Attached Files
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• jiangfebio
      • Dec 2016

Thanks for your detailed reply, Steve.

Comment

Working...
      X