• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meghna
    • Jan 2024

Introduction to Febio Studio Webinar on Version 2.5.0

Hi all,

I have been trying to follow the introduction webinar however I have been running into these issues. 1) I do not know how to decimate the femur STL file, which would help greatly in decreasing run time. 2) I cannot visualize the E_map (Young's modulus from 1 to 2) on the hip joint from my end.
    I believe all other functions work well. I would greatly appreciate any help. Please let me know if I should attach any files.

Thanks,
    Meghna
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Meghna,

Regarding your questions,

1) I do not know how to decimate the femur STL file, which would help greatly in decreasing run time.
    The webinar shows the steps to decimate the model (Around the 32 minute mark). Was there anything that wasn't clear or did you run into any problems trying this on your end? I should also point out that for decimation (and refinement) the MMG remesh tool is often a better choice. So perhaps try that tool as well.

2) I cannot visualize the E_map (Young's modulus from 1 to 2) on the hip joint from my end.
    I'm not sure you wouldn't be able to visualize it. (I assume you were able to create it successfully?). Perhaps try to update to the latest version of FEBio Studio (version 2.6) and then try it again. Let us know if the problem persists.

Best,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
    X