• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helentan
    • Nov 2020

No force acting on system

Hi all,

I encountered this problem when I was running my simulation recently: there was this message saying no force on the system. I was wondering if anyone can point out to me what I am doing wrong here, see feb file attached. I have not encountered this message for the numerous times that I ran this feb file, and this is the first time I am seeing this message. The only thing that I changed from previous tries is the Young's modulus of the biphasic material.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help me with this problem.

Best regards,
    Helen
    Attached Files
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Helen,

I downloaded your file and ran it for a while but did not encounter this message. Nevertheless, please note that this message is generally harmless, it just means that the residual norm in the iterative solution process has dropped below the value preset in your input file (min_residual). In biphasic analyses this typically happens when the response has reached steady state for the displacement and fluid pressure, meaning that not much is changing over consecutive time steps. As long as your results look reasonable, you should not worry about this message.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

Working...
    X