X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C173Dublin
    • Aug 2021

missing attribute "id" Error

I am trying to run a fluid structure interaction model which runs fine when no loads are added but when I add surface loads I get the error message:
    * tag "Surface" (line 333353) : missing attribute "id" *
    I am running FEBio 3.0.Any advice is appreciated.
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi,

Can you share the file that's giving you this error? The information you provide is not sufficient to figure out what's happening.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• mirukpt
      • Jun 2015

Hi Gerard

I have the same error while attempting to run the .feb file from the command prompt. However, it runs perfectly fine while running from FEBio studio.
      Here is the file.

Comment

• ateshian
        Developer
        • Dec 2007

Hi,

The file that you attached has two issues, both of which get automatically corrected when you import the model into FEBioStudio:

1) You have an "inner" surface definition which doesn't include any faces. This causes an error when executing the model directly from the command prompt. When imported into FEBioStudio however, then exported again for an FEBio run, this "inner" surface is not saved. (You also have an "outer" surface definition, which properly defines faces, but since it is not used in your analysis it also doesn't get saved.) So the model runs fine (also see next point).
        2) You have prescribed boundary conditions associated with a loadcurve lc="1", but your model file is missing a loadcurve definition section (no <LoadData> section). When imported into FEBioStudio, a default loadcurve is created and associated with these prescribed boundary conditions.

So the issue is with the original model file, but luckily FEBioStudio fixes them. You can check this by looking at the jobs/ folder where the .feb file is re-saved and the .xplt and .log files are created. This .feb file is not identical to the one you imported into FEBioStudio.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

Working...
        X