X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adriennes
    • Dec 2022

Image based model

Hello! I'm wondering if there is any documentation to set up a meshed 3D model from importing a 3D image stack (tiff file). I've imported a tiff file and tried following the instructions below from a different forum:

1. Go to the Tools tab on the Build panel, and find the Image map tool, which you can use to create mesh data from an image.
    2. Give the new mesh data field and name, customize any parameters if needed, and click Create. This should add a new mesh data section to the model. You can visualize the new datafield from the Mesh Inspector. (the new field should be listed in the variable list)
    3. Then, choose the material parameter that you want to assign this mesh data to. If the parameter allows it, there should be a small dropdown on the right side of the parameter edit widget. Click on it, and select "map".
    4. Type in the name of the map in the parameter's edit widget.​

However, after importing the image and trying the "image map" tool (step 1), I get the following error: "you must first select an object." Since I only have an image (there is no object at this point), I can't select anything.

I feel like I might be missing a step to make an object from the image first (perhaps creating an isosurface?, but I'm not sure how to do this). Do you what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!
    Adrienne

Screen Shot 2023-06-23 at 4.08.56 PM.png
    Last edited by adriennes; 08-08-2023, 09:56 PM.
Working...
X