• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abhihan
    • Aug 2014

smooth muscle model implementation to febio

Sir,
    I had made a mechanical model of smooth muscle cell, replacing actin and myosin by mechanical elements. After that mathematical model has been created and strain energy function is constituted along with evolution law of sliding. now i want to use this model as it is used for skeleton muscle in FEBio. pl. help me in this regard so i can do the same.
    Geometric model of stomach is already created for final FEA and muscle material is to be added so that analysis can be done.

Abhishek Kumar
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Abhishek,

We'd love to help, but I'm afraid it's not clear from your description what exactly you are asking of us. Can you please be more specific on what you need help with.

Thanks,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• abhihan
      • Aug 2014

sir,
      i have strain energy density function for my smooth muscle model which is somewhat similar to transversely isotropic hyper-elasticity model now i am confuse how to proceed further. i need your help in coding for febio and in steps of implementing it with the software for analysis.

Abhishek Kumar

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Do you have the expressions for the Cauchy stress and the spatial elasticity tangent? If not, that's the first thing you'll need to derive. If so, you have everything you need to implement it in FEBio . Do you have the source code, or do you want to implement it as a plugin for FEBio2? I recommend the latter, and in that case, please consult the online developer's manual to get started (http://febiodoc.sci.utah.edu/doxygen/). You can also download the sample plugin of the FEBio page (http://febio.org/plugins/) to see how a plugin needs to be developed. I hope this will get you started.

Cheers,

Steve
        Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
        Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• abhihan
          • Aug 2014

Respected Sir,
          Thanks for your guidance, i have been started working in that direction and i will seek your guidance in future while implementing.

Regards,

Abhishek Kumar.

Comment

Working...
          X