• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roytuhin
    • Jun 2023

Failed to restart *.dmp file

Hello,
    I am not able to restart the dump file using the following command from the cmd: febio3 -r <name of the dump file>.dmp. It opens up a dialog box (attached herewith) that FeBio has stopped working. This happened with multiple files. I was never able to restart on my current machine. Any advice on why it is happening and suggestions to work around it?
    Thank you,
    Tuhin
    image.png​​
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Tuhin,

Is there a reason why you are still using febio3, instead of febio4. FEBio3 is not really under development anymore, although I have on occasion fixed some issues for people who still need it. If possible, perhaps consider updating to febio4 and then try it again. Note that the dmp files are often tied to the version that created it. So, a dmp file created with febio3 will not work in febio4.

Best,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• roytuhin
      • Jun 2023

Thank you, Steve, for your prompt reply. I have installed febio4, ran the file with it, and created the *.dmp file. However, the same issue is still there. I have attached the screenshot of it herewith.
      -Tuhin
      image.png

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Hi,

Would it be possible to send me the feb input file. If I can reproduce the problem on my end, I might be able to figure out what is happening. (you may send it to steve dot maas at utah dot edu)

Thanks,

Steve
        Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
        Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• roytuhin
          • Jun 2023

Thank you, Steve. I have sent you an email with the feb file attached.

Comment

Working...
          X