• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allienm
    • Jan 2024

Mapped Material Parameters in Muscle Material

Hello!

I am currently working on developing a muscle model where the mixture of materials are modulated by the fat fraction from MRI images. My current solution is to modulate the material parameters similar to the example in the user manual using a Neo-Hookean (https://help.febio.org/docs/FEBioUse...ction-A.2.html). However, this mapping ability does not seem to be a recognized attribute for the muscle material parameters. Is it possible to add in the ability utilize the type attribute to map and math in the muscle material properties?

Additionally, if this is not an option is there a way to modulate the amount of each material in a mixture, without having to create a material for each element? For example, 30% muscle material with 70% neo-Hookean rather than the equal parts method used currently.

Thank you,
    Allie
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Allie,

I added support for assigning maps to the material parameters of the muscle and tendon materials. Please update to the latest development update (see here for instructions) and give it a try. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Best,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢