• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • li9na9
    • Jan 2013

Tutorial for Spring and Armature

Hello Admins,

I am new to this software. Currently I am learning using user's manual version 1.8 and the available examples attached. I am having problems creating the spring and the armature. I wish Admin can share me some examples and tutorials on how to creating these two geometry.

Thank you
    Lina
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Lina,

To create springs, follow the following procedure:
    1. Activate the Create panel and select the spring button.
    2. Activate the node-selection mode by clicking on the button with the three blue dots on the main toolbar.
    3. Back on the Create panel, press the "pick" button and then click the two nodes that you wish to connect with springs.
    (3.b alternatively, if you know the node numbers of the nodes, you can enter them manually, but the "pick" method is probably easier)
    4. After you selected two nodes, press the "Create" button to create the spring.

The Armature feature is still a work in progress so I apologize if you run into any issues. Here's how it works (for now).
    1. Orient the view in x-y (or top) view, since this is where the armature will be created (make sure you are in perspective mode since it won't work in orthographic mode).
    2. Activate the Create panel and press the "Armature" button.
    3. In the Graphics View, click once for each bone of the armature. Once you are done, click the "Create" button to create the armature.

The armature essentially is just a collection of rigid bodies that are connected to each other. After you press the "Create" button, PreView will create the rigid bodies materials and connect them. Working with armatures can somewhat tricky since you need to constrain the rigid bodies sufficiently so that the problem is not unstable, but don't overconstrain them otherwise you'll end up with a single rigid fixture.

I hope this will get you started. If you have any further problems, please let us know.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• li9na9
      • Jan 2013

Thank you for the reply, it help me a lot, but can you explain how to create spring in examples di02? spring.jpg as i notice we need to add node to create the spring.

Thanks
      Lina

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞