Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parameter Optimization for Spherical Indentation of a Viscoelastic Layer

Great! Yes, I see that I forgot to do that in this file. Thank you!

Best,
    Cori

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some insight about my parameter optimization model. I have recently re-made my previous model (shown in earlier posts in this thread) using the new slice feature in preview to make my analysis procedure easier. However, I am having trouble getting this new file to run the optimization properly. I believe that all of my parameters are the same as my old file (which would find a solution when I ran the optimization), but this new file is stopping after about 2 iterations of the optimization and displaying: “Fatal error: FEBio error terminated. Parameter optimization cannot continue.” I am not sure how to go about troubleshooting this error (and it has been a few months since I last worked with FEBio, so I am a bit rusty). Any insight on how to fix this error would be greatly appreciated! Attached are my feb files.

Thank you!
    Cori
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Cori,

I took a look at your problem and I suspect there may be a bug in the optimization code. The reason I suspect this is when I run a forward analysis with the parameters that caused the optimization to fail, I don't have any problem. I'll look into this further and let you know what I find.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Hi Cori,

I believe I fixed the issues with the optimization module. Please download the latest version (1.7.1 which will be uploaded to the web later today) and give it another try. Let us know if you still run into problems.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Great, thanks for looking this over and fixing the issue. I do not see version 1.7.1 on the website yet (latest I see is 1.6.0). I will give it try once the latest version is posted and let you know how it works.

Thanks again,

Cori

Hi Cori,

We discovered a few other small issues with 1.7.1. We should have these fixed soon and upload this version to the web in the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Dr. Ateshian,

can you send me a detailed description of the tutorial "Parameter Optimization for Spherical Indentation of a Viscoelastic Layer". I want to bulid a same model like this. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Thomas

Hi,

I tried running this optimization routine using the latest version of FEBio (1.7.1). I used the original files posted by Dr. Ateshian, so the optimization should run, but I received the message "FEBio error terminated. Parameter optimization cannot continue." after just a single iteration. Is there a different version of FEBio I should try?

Thanks,

Matt Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by maas View Post
    Hi Cori,

We discovered a few other small issues with 1.7.1. We should have these fixed soon and upload this version to the web in the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Matt,

It seems that 1.7.1 has not fixed the problem, so we'll have to look into it further and fix that version.

In the meantime you should be able to get it to run properly with 1.6.0.

Best,

Gerard