Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sliding surface

Hi Steve

Thanks you very mush for this, its starting to make sense. I managed to run an analysis completely, but with a very low (0.1) penalty! There was only 0.037mm penetration. could this be because of the large difference between the stiffness of my contact surfaces? in my case skin (with k=0.94Mpa) and a rigid body.

I still have to experiment more with the convergence tolerances to find their effect on the results.

Thanks again for your help.

Arash

Hi Steve,

I read all the advice you gave to the other users and I tried to implement in my model.
    The aim of my simulation is to reproduce a dynamic test with a sinusoidal load. I am struggling with the contact definitions, and I believe that is why the displacements I got are smaller than I would have expected.

I guess the issue could be in the contact definitions. I tried both "sliding with gaps" and "sticky" setups for the contacts. In the first one, I tried to use the two-pass function and the auto-penalty function, without any good results. In the second I added also the max-traction flag to break the contacts.

I have just added the augmentation flag and I changed the tolerance to 10 as you suggested to the other users. In particular with this setup, the displacement is not following the load curve and I think it is due to a high contact force.

I am not sure about the contact formulations which can suit best my model, and having tried different material properties as well, I'm almost sure that the issue is in the contacts.
    Do you have any advice for my model? I have attached the .feb file.

Thank you in advance,

Klissa
    Attached Files Attached Files