• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • car207
    • Jun 2020

FEBioHeat troubles with FEBioStudio 1.0.3

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the FEBioHeat Plugin working on my Mac.

I moved the libfebioheat_osx.dylib file into the same folder as the febio.xml file. I then added the following line to febio.xml:

<import>/Applications/FEBioStudio/FEBioStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/libfebioheat_osx.dylib</import>

The other contents in this folder are:
    FEBioStudio febio3 libomp.dylib
    febio.xml libfebioheat_osx.dylib

Default linear solver: pardiso
    Failed loading plugin /Applications/FEBioStudio/FEBioStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/libfebioheat_osx.dylib
    Reason: Failed to load the file.

dlopen failed: dlopen(/Applications/FEBioStudio/FEBioStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/libfebioheat_osx.dylib, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libiomp5.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/FEBioStudio/FEBioStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/libfebioheat_osx.dylib
    Reason: image not found

Reading file axial heat flux.feb ...FAILED!

I cannot find a library called libiomp5.dylib anywhere in my FEBioStudio folder or the FEBio Heat folder. I'm wondering where it should be. I just downloaded the new versions of both FEBioStudio and FEBioHeat after uninstalling and deleting my old version of FEBio. Thanks in advance!

-Carly
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Carly,

You are getting this message because libfebioheat_osx.dylib was compiled with Intel's libiomp5.dylib instead of the libomp.dylib file which is distributed with FEBioStudio.

I will inform Michael Herron to see if he can fix this issue.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• mherron
      Developer
      • Aug 2016

Carly,

Please download a new copy of the plugin from this link, and give it a try.

Let me know how it goes so that I can update the version on the website if this works for you.

Thanks!

Michael Herron

Comment

• car207
        • Jun 2020

Hi Michael,

I am trying to get the plugin you sent to work. I immediately get the error message: "An Error has occurred. Error = Crashed."

The output looks like this:
        Setting parameter "scale" to : 0
        Setting parameter "flux" to : 0

===== beginning time step 1 : 0.1 =====

Setting parameter "scale" to : 0.1
        Setting parameter "flux" to : 0.1

===== reforming stiffness matrix:
        Nr of equations ........................... : 67527
        Nr of nonzeroes in stiffness matrix ....... : 419484
        OMP: Error #15: Initializing libiomp5.a, but found libomp.dylib already initialized.
        OMP: Hint: This means that multiple copies of the OpenMP runtime have been linked into the program. That is dangerous, since it can degrade performance or cause incorrect results. The best thing to do is to ensure that only a single OpenMP runtime is linked into the process, e.g. by avoiding static linking of the OpenMP runtime in any library. As an unsafe, unsupported, undocumented workaround you can set the environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE to allow the program to continue to execute, but that may cause crashes or silently produce incorrect results. For more information, please see http://www.intel.com/software/products/support/.

I'm not quite sure what this means.

-Carly

Comment

• mherron
          Developer
          • Aug 2016

Carly,

That was an unexpected side-effect of the change that I made to the plugin. Please download a new installer for FEBio Studio from this link, and try running the problem with the new version of FEBio included in that installer. Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks,

Michael Herron

Comment

• car207
            • Jun 2020

Michael,

Sorry for the delayed response. Everything works perfectly with this version. Thank you so much for your help.

-Carly

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡