X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdurney
    • Oct 2020

Unable to create graph

I am trying to go through the initial examples in the 2018 WCB FeBio Workshop. I am going through the Dogbone example and am trying to create an effective stress plot as detailed in the Knowledge base tutorial (https://febio.org/knowledgebase/tuto...on-of-results/). I am selecting the 'select element' button and click on an element in the model/figure. The Log confirms this by outputting "Executing command: Select Elements". I then follow through the create graph commands (i.e., New Graph and selecting the appropriate fields). However, no line shows up.

I am fairly certain the data is there as I can plot the color map of the effective stress and see it change as the animation plays.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • cdurney
    • Oct 2020

I was able to fix the issue, by moving the FeBio window to my macbook monitor (instead of an external monitor). The answer in this thread is what pointed me in the right direction (https://forums.febio.org/showthread....on-of-elements).

I am using FeBio 1.0.3 and am now wondering if the high-dpi display issue persists?

Comment

• maas
      Lead Code Developer
      • Nov 2007

Hi,

We are aware of an issue where users use two monitors and one of the monitors is a high-dpi display. We have not been able to replicate this on our end, so I'm not sure when this will be fixed. The work-around, as you noticed, is to move FEBio Studio to the monitor for which the selection works.

Cheers,

Steve
      Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
      Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• cdurney
        • Oct 2020

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. After playing around a bit more, I have more details that might help you troubleshoot the issue. The issue isn't in the high-dpi display specifically. If I start FeBio with only the external display, it works fine, I am able to select the elements. If I then open up the second display (macbook display) and move the window to it, I cannot select elements in it (macbook display). However, if I begin an instance of FeBio when both monitors on, then only the macbook display works for selecting elements.

Best, Clinton

Comment

• maas
          Lead Code Developer
          • Nov 2007

Hi Clinton,

I think I have a solution for this issue, but I cannot test it myself. Would you be willing to try out my fix? If so, please reach out to me via email (steve dot maas at utah dot edu) and I'll get you setup with the latest development version of FEBio Studio.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

• apaz
            • Jun 2019

Hi Steve,

I would like to know if it worked. Or, I would pleasure to test it, because it is also happening to me.

Regards,
            Alex

Comment

• maas
              Lead Code Developer
              • Nov 2007

Hi Alex,

If you reach out to me via email (steve dot maas at utah dot edu) I'll send you our development version as well, so you can give it a try.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

• apaz
                • Jun 2019

Hi Steve,

It is now working well in FEBio Studio 1.1.0 for me, using two monitors. But, if I only use the one with the higher resolution I should reduce it from 1920x1080 to 1280x1024. Thank you.

Regards,
                Alex
                Last edited by apaz; 11-06-2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍