• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rtran
    • Apr 2020

Cell growth in a bent disc

Hi there,

I'm trying to simulate cell growth in a circular region on a tube but I've found that the end result becomes very bumpy. Could this be due to the mesh? I'm using GMSH to create this geometry and mesh. Would there be another meshing software that would be better suited for this geometry? I've attached my febio file for your information.

New user here so any help or guidance is appreciated. Let me know if any more info is needed.
    Best,
    Ray

ProlifModuleBase.feb
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Ray,

You are running this as a dynamic problem. Is there a reason for that? It appears that the bumpiness is caused by the inertia of the elements. If you run this as a static problem, it looks much better. I attached my modified model. I also added some additional boundary conditions for stability. Your model has no boundary conditions, which causes convergences problems when running this as a quasi-static model. Take a look at my modified file and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Steve
    Attached Files
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• rtran
      • Apr 2020

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help - very insightful. It was not supposed to be a dynamic problem, I must have accidentally changed it playing around. Your solution works out and now I can continue building my model.

Thanks again,
      Ray

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞