• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrada
    • Sep 2020

Beam bending boundary conditions

Hi,

I'm trying to model the three-point bending test on beam and have some problem with the beam bending. Let the beam length be along X and its deflections along Y. The load is a pressure applied on the top face of the beam. To what concern the boundary conditions I have seen from another thread (https://forums.febio.org/showthread....bending+beam):
    “the bottom left edge of the beam should have fixed X and Y, the bottom right edge should have fixed Y and one of the faces in the X-Y plane should be fixed along Z (becoming a symmetry plane)”. What does it imply “fixed”: fixed displacement and rotations or only fixed displacements? I did some trials, but I cannot achieve remarkable deflection along Y.
    Can anyone give me some advices/suggestions in order to model the three-point bending of a beam? Thank you for your time!

Regards,
    Andrada
  • apaz
    • Jun 2019

Hi Andrada,

Regard your question about this test, fixed means zero displacement along those directions of selected nodes, edges, or faces. Attached you find a simple model with those conditions as I understood them.

Regards,
    Alex

Beam.feb

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎