• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjm75
    • Dec 2017

Named Selections not in PostView

Hi all,

I have a question about Named Selections getting passed from PreView-->Febio-->PostView. I would like to calculate variables on specific surfaces and track the motion of specific edges using PostView. In PreView I have used Named Selections to group the edges and surfaces of interest and name them. However, these Named Selections aren't showing up in my *.feb file and then of course are not showing up in PostView. Do I need to specify that the Named Selections are included in the *.feb file somehow? Am I able to write the position of an edge Named Selection in the log file?

The surfaces where boundary conditions are applied are present in the *.feb file, but are also not showing up in PostView Model editor under Mesh. Looking through the user's manual and the forum, I believe these named surfaces should be present in Postview.

I am using Preview 2.1.5, FEBio 2.9.1, Postview 2.5.0 on a windows 64 machine. I have tried using an object and mesh made within preview and importing a mesh from Gmsh, no luck either way.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi,

We are still working on passing all the user-defined sets through the pipeline from pre-processing to post-processing side. This ability will be available soon, hopefully by the upcoming release of FEBio Studio (which combines PreView and PostView). So, keep an eye our for this release and feel free to check back in a couple of weeks if you have not heard back yet.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢