X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robwilkes
    • Jul 2020

PreStrain plugin link error

I just installed OS X Catalina on my Mac and FEBio Studio. I've provided the path to the PreStrain plugin in the febio.xml file and get the following error message:

"Default linear solver: pardiso
    Failed loading plugin /Applications/FEBio_plugins/PreStrain/bin/osx/libprestrain_osx.dylib
    Reason: Failed to load the file.

dlopen failed: dlopen(/Applications/FEBio_plugins/PreStrain/bin/osx/libprestrain_osx.dylib, 2): Library not loaded: libiomp5.dylib
    Referenced from: /Applications/FEBio_plugins/PreStrain/bin/osx/libprestrain_osx.dylib
    Reason: image not found"

I've searched for libiomp5.dylib on the Mac and could not find it. Is this a problem with Catalina, specifically? Where would I get libiomp5.dylib, and where would I need to put it?

The febio.xml file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <febio_config version="3.0">
    <default_linear_solver type="pardiso"></default_linear_solver>
    <import>/Applications/FEBio_plugins/PreStrain/bin/osx/libprestrain_osx.dylib</import>
    </febio_config>

Any guidance would be appreciated.
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi,

If you use the FEBio installer for Mac OS X (e.g., the installer for FEBio2.9.1) it places the library file libiomp5.dylib in /Applications/FEBio2.9.1/bin/. I recommend that you also store libprestrain_osx.dylib in that same folder. Then, your febio.xml configuration file can point to the location of this plugin using
    Code:
    <import>/Applications/FEBio2.9.1/bin/libprestrain_osx.dylib</import>
    Try it out and let me know if you get an error message.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• nedaabdollahi
      • Aug 2021

Hi Gerard,

I am a new user to FEBio, running on macOS Catalina10.15.7. I am experiencing the same issue as the thread above. I have both "libiomp5.dylib" and "libprestrain_osx.dylib" files in the same folder as the febio executable file but I am still getting the same errors:

"Failed loading plugin /Applications/FEBio2.9.1/bin/libprestrain_osx.dylib

Reason: Failed to load the file.

dlopen failed: dlopen(/Applications/FEBio2.9.1/bin/libprestrain_osx.dylib, 2): Library not loaded: libiomp5.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/FEBio2.9.1/bin/libprestrain_osx.dylib

Reason: image not found"

I have also already added the "<import>/Applications/FEBio2.9.1/bin/libprestrain_osx.dylib</import>" to febio.xml file.

Any troubleshooting ideas would be much appreciated.

Neda

Comment

• nedaabdollahi
        • Aug 2021

UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS POST:

I figured out a way to run my model. It's a workaround so the original problem still exists!

Originally I was trying to run the model from terminal using following command: "febio2 <FULL PATH TO .FEB FILE>". It should be noted that this method works fine for running FEBio test cases but did not work for my model.

How I solved it: I first enter FEBio software by typing "febio2" in the terminal and then type "run <FULL PATH TO .FEB FILE>".

Comment

• mherron
          Developer
          • Aug 2016

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my Mac. After copying libprestrain_osx.dylib into /Applications/FEBio2.9.1/bin/, I'm able to load the plugin in without any issues, and I'm able to run a file by either passing the file as an argument to febio2, or by running febio2 and then using the
          Code:
          run <FULL PATH TO .FEB FILE>
          command.

That being said, FEBio 2.9.1 is several years old, and is no longer being maintained. Unless you have a specific reason to use that version, I recommend installing the latest version of FEBio from our website. As of the release of FEBio3 a few years ago, the prestrain plugin's functionality has been wrapped into FEBio and so the prestrain plugin is no longer necessary.

Please let me know if you have any more issues or questions.

Michael Herron

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡