• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashkan1364
    • Mar 2020

output data (NodeSet and surface info) from preview

Hello,

How can I output data regarding edge list (NodeSet) and surface info (i.e their element id) from preview?

Thanks
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi,

You can create "named selections", by first selecting what you need (a set of nodes, or a set of elements). Then, go to menu "Edit\Name Selection" and give the selection a name. It will now show up in the Model tree under "Named Selections".
    Now, you can add your data field (Right-click the logfile item and select Edit Output. In the dialog box that shows up, you can select your nodesets or element sets from the List dropdown box.
    Please give that a try and let me know if that worked.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• ashkan1364
      • Mar 2020

Originally posted by maas View Post
      Hi,

You can create "named selections", by first selecting what you need (a set of nodes, or a set of elements). Then, go to menu "Edit\Name Selection" and give the selection a name. It will now show up in the Model tree under "Named Selections".
      Now, you can add your data field (Right-click the logfile item and select Edit Output. In the dialog box that shows up, you can select your nodesets or element sets from the List dropdown box.
      Please give that a try and let me know if that worked.

Cheers,

Steve
      Thanks for your information.

Comment

• apaz
        • Jun 2019

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to extract any result in an automated way using the logfile section. I am interested in exporting, for instance, element-based variables such as stresses on a node_set. Or, in another case, I would like to extract variables like contact pressure or Right Hencky strain, that are not in the node / element./ rigid body classes according to the user manual (section 3.17).

Thank you,
        Alex

Comment

• maas
          Lead Code Developer
          • Nov 2007

Hi Alex,

You can export element-based variables, but not on a node set. You need to specify an element set.
          You cannot export any face data yet, but we are working on that, so that should be available soon.

Cheers,

Steve
          Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
          Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢