• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abha
    • May 2020

FEBio crashes when running a file with FEBioChem Plugin

Hello all!

I am using FEBio Version 2.9.1 in Windows 8.1 Pro. I could successfully load the FEBioChem plugin in FEBio2. When I import the example files (uploaded with FEBioChem.dll) and try to run them in PreView 2.1.1, I get an error "unrecognized tag "Control" (line 5)". However, I could easily run the files by exporting them to FEBio2.

When I create my own file (Reaction_DiffusionAB.feb) in PreView 2.1.1 using the 'Reaction-Diffusion' analysis and try to run it, I face the following problems:
    1. error "unrecognized tag "Control" (line 5)" when run in PreView
    2. When I export the same file to FEBio2, it crashes.

I cannot see the load curves in the PreView's curve editor for any of the example files even when the .feb file contains it.

Please help and let me know if I am making any mistakes.

Thank you,
    Abha
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Abha,

Since you are able to run the plugin in febio, I suspect you have your own configuration file. When you run from within PreView, you would have to specify that configuration file as well. I don't think this was possible in PreView, but it is possible in the new FEBioStudio, so I suggest to try that.

The problem with your file is that the "concentration" plot variable requires a filter, which specifies which species you want the concentration of. If you change that line to the following, it should work:

Code:
    <var type="concentration['c1']=[c1]"/>
    Let me know if that solved the problem.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• Abha
      • May 2020

Dear Steve sir,

Yes, my problem was solved after changing the code as you suggested. Thank you very much for your help.

Abha

Comment

• Abha
        • May 2020

Dear Steve sir,

I tried loading the FEBioChem plugin in FEBioStudio1.0.0. It fails, reason stated- Invalid SDK Version. Please suggest some methods to resolve this.

Thank you,
        Abha

Comment

• maas
          Lead Code Developer
          • Nov 2007

Hi Abha,

FEBioStudio uses FEBio3 by default, but FEBioChem uses FEBio2 (at least if you are using the one downloaded from the website). If you have FEBio2 installed, you can make FEBioStudio use FEBio2, by editing the launch configuration:
          - In the FEBio Run dialog, click the button next to the "Launch configuration".
          - In the dialog box that shows up, click one of the launch configurations or create a new (I recommend the latter). Select the Local "Launch Type" and enter the complete path to the febio executable in the corresponding field.
          - Click OK. Then in the FEBio Run dialog, you can then select this new configuration.
          Launch configurations are stored between sessions, so you will only need to do this once.

If you prefer to stick with FEBio3, please reach out to me via email (steve dot maas at utah dot edu) and I will send you a version of the plugin build for FEBio3.

Cheers,

sTeve

Comment

• Abha
            • May 2020

Dear Steve sir,

Thank you for the information. I followed the steps and was able to run using FEBio2 in FEBioStudio. However, the application crashes on importing few .feb files that were created using PreView 2.1.1. This happens only for a reaction-diffusion module. Is there a solution for this problem?
            In order to avoid such issues, I prefer to stick with FEBio3.

Thank you,
            Abha

Comment

• maas
              Lead Code Developer
              • Nov 2007

Hi Abha,

Is this still an issue for you? If it is, please send me a feb file that crashes for you and I'd be happy to take a closer look.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢