• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tff
    • Mar 2019

Preview2.1.3 crashes while replacing the geometries

Hi,

I am using Preview2.1.3, I have set up my FE problem and export the .feb file without any problem. However, when I try to re-open the .prv file the Previous crashes and an error pops-up as "Invalid objectID". I have attached the error message here. I am assuming that changing one of the geometries in the model caused such a problem. Is there any way to open and reuse this file? How can I avoid such problem in future? I have previously faced similar problems where I had ended up with re-creating the .prv file. I was wonder if there is any solution for solving this problem without re-creating the FE problem.

Bests
    Attached Files
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi,

The most likely cause is that the geometry or mesh was changed in a way that invalidated a reference to that surface or mesh (e.g. the surface does not exist anymore). Some advice on how to avoid this problem:

1. Avoid using mesh selections in your boundary conditions. Prefer assigning geometry (i.e. blue selection buttons on main toolbar) to boundary conditions, loads, etc. instead of mesh selections.
    2. After assigning boundary conditions, loads, etc., avoid modifying the geometry in a way that changes its topology. This can happen when working with "editable meshes" and then using a mesh tool that changes the number of parts or surfaces. (e.g. partition).

On our end, I can look into trying to recover as mush as possible when such an error does occur. If you can send me the .prv file, I can try it with that one. (you may send it to steve dot maas at Utah dot edu.) By the way, any fixes will be applied to the new FEBio Studio, which replaces PreView, so in the mean time you may consider switching to FEBio Studio.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
    X