• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haaris
    • Oct 2019

Axisymmetric Parameterisation

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to investigate flow in a biphasic material of varying geometry. (The bottom half of a cone, with varying slope)

My plan at the moment is something like:
    - Use the cone model on FEBio, cut vertically, extrude the faces to make an axisymmetric representation of the cone.
    - Somehow automate the process so that I can run the simulation for a number of cones smoothly increasing the bottom radius and decreasing the height
    - Export the results from FEBio somehow so that I can analyse it in python or MATLAB

I'm not sure how to approach the second and third points above and just wanted to ask if you know any way to go about this? Thanks for any help!

P.s. I'm assuming that the distance of extrusion wouldn't matter too much as long as it's one segment in terms of the mesh - i.e., it should be approximately 2d in that case since there's no variation across the segment... Is that correct or should I be more precise about this?
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi,

I think the second point will be a problem. There is currently no way to automate the geometry and mesh generation. The cutting and extruding will make it especially difficult to automate this given that they require user selections. Your best bet forward here is to write your own code for generating the mesh. Given the geometry is relatively simple I suspect it would be not be too bad.

The third bullet should be fairly easy since FEBio offers a mechanism for writing data to a file in a customizable format. I suggest to start by taking a look at the log file section 3.17.1 in the User Manual.

Best,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• Haaris
      • Oct 2019

Thank you for your advice, I will try it out!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍