• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sascari
    • Jan 2020

"FATAL ERROR: Invalid command line option"

Hi,

I am trying to do some FEA analyses on some claws that I scanned. I scanned about 20 of them, and set up the run with PreView and run with FEBio, and for the most part it works, except there are about 4-5 3D meshes for which when I try to run them with FEBio, they consistently state "FATAL ERROR: Invalid command line option". All else being equal (I have triple and quadruple-checked that I was doing everything the same on all claw scans) I think there's some kind of problem with the mesh. But I don't know what it could be, I've tried remeshing, cleaning the meshes in 3 different programs (Preview, Meshlab, Geomagic), nothing seems to work, and I can't identify what's wrong.

Does anyone know what could be wrong, what usually causes the fatal error message? I tried to attach the preview file, even a zip file, but it didn't allow me to attach it because the file was slightly too big.

Thanks
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi,

It is unlikely that the error message is caused by an issue with the mesh. The error message simply indicates that the there was a character on the command line that FEBio did not understand. My suspicion is that you have spaces in your file names. If that's the case, try putting quotes around the name like so:
    Code:
    febio2 -i "A file name with spaces.feb"
    If that doesn't solve it, can you please tell us the command line that is causing the error?

Best,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• sascari
      • Jan 2020

That was it, thanks so much!! To think I struggled with this for weeks!

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍