• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KARAG97
    • Apr 2019

heat transfer problem

Dear developers,
    I am running a heat transfer model on skin tissue. This model simulates the coolling proccess of the tissue by a liquid cryogen. The problem is that i cannot make the cryogen's frozen front to penetrate into the skin and to change skin temperature. I uploaded the febio file if you need the preview file tell me to send it cryomodellingtetragwnoextra3.feb
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by KARAG97; 11-26-2019, 04:36 AM.
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi,

Your model consist of three disconnected parts. There is no connection between these parts, and thus their initial temperatures are not affecting each other. You can add a "gap heat flux" to cross the interfaces, but in this case, all the mesh are conforming, so I would just merge the three parts together. You can do that in FEBioStudio using the "Weld nodes" tool as follows:
    - Select all the nodes of the mesh. (By first selecting the object. Then, click the "select nodes" button below the Graphics View. The easiest way to select all the nodes, is to select none, and then use the menu Edit\Invert selection.)
    - Select the Build panel. On the Build panel, click the Mesh tab and find the "Weld Nodes" button.
    - Set a value for threshold. You can set a pretty small value here, e.g. 1e-3, and click Apply.

Note that welding nodes may have renumbered surfaces, so you will probably have to fix your boundary conditions and loads. Please give that a try and let me know if that worked.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• KARAG97
      • Apr 2019

thank you I ''ll try that

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀