• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gil.serrancoli
    • Nov 2019

Using a plugin

Dear all,

I compiled the Neohookean .dll plugin with Visual Studio 2015 (Release mode, x64), using Windows 10. I obtain the .dll file. I included the following line:
    <import>D:/Gil/FEBio_Initial_tests/VS/InitialProject/x64/Release/InitialProject.dll</import>
    within the <febio_config version="1.0"> and </febio_config> at febio.xml of the FEBio Studio (version 1.0.0 beta). However, when I open FEBio Studio, nothing appears to be changed. The plugin does not seem to be detected. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Is it possible to load a plugin from the FEBio Studio?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Gil Serrancolí
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Gil,

FEBioStudio does not recognize FEBio plugins. FEBioStudio and FEBio are two separate programs. FEBioStudio only generates the FEBio input files and calls FEBio as an external process when the user wants to run a model. Only then, FEBio will read the configuration file and load the plugin.

We have plans on implementing a tighter connection between FEBio and FEBioStudio that would allow plugins to be loaded and integrated in the UI, but that functionality is probably still quite a while away. PreView used to have the ability to define custom materials. I'll look into porting that to FEBioStudio, since that might provide a temporary workaround.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢