X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Franzi
    • Feb 2020

Hello,
    I am also trying to write a plugin implementing a custom biphasic code. For this I followed your suggestion (see post of 09-20-2019) to try and copy the biphasic code (namely FEBiphasic, FEBiphasicSolidDomain, FEBiphasicDomain and FEBiphasiSolver; for all .cpp and .h) into a new plugin and trying to build it. However, after adding FEBiphasicSolidDomain and FEBiphasiSolver I get four LNK2001 errors. I tried removing the <windows.h> header file, but that didn’t change anything.
    Originally posted by maas View Post
    Hi Tim,

Try removing the <windows.h> header file and see if that helps.

Steve
    Here one example:

LNK2001 unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl FEBioImport::FEBioImport(void)" (??0FEBioImport@@QEAA@XZ) C:\Users\...\febiomech.lib(FEMicroMaterial.obj)
    Here a little additional information:
    - I included the libraries and include folders from the SDK in VC++ Directories
    - I added WIN32 in C++/Preprocessor
    - I included fecore.lib;febiomech.lib;febiomix.lib;febiofluid.l ib in Linker input
    - I use Visual Studio 2017, and try building the plugin using release and x64
    I am not sure what the error could be and how to proceed.
    Looking forward to any helpful comments.
    Thanks!

Comment

• maas
      Lead Code Developer
      • Nov 2007

Hi,

It's a little odd that you are getting this linker error, but it looks like you also need to include the febioxml.lib file. I'm not sure if that was added to the sdk, though. Since we just released a new version (FEBio 3.2), I'll rebuild the SDK and upload it to the web. I'll try to have that done before the end of the week.

Cheers,

Steve
      Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
      Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• Franzi
        • Feb 2020

Hi,
        ah ok. The febioxml.lib was not included in the sdk so far. Thank you for the quick reply and the help! I will try with the new sdk and let you know if it worked.
        Cheers,
        Franziska

Comment

• maas
          Lead Code Developer
          • Nov 2007

Hi,

I uploaded the febio 3.2 SDK to the febio.org website. It includes the febioxml.lib so give that one a try and let me know if you still have problems.

I suspect that the reason you need this library, is because of a circular dependency between febiomech and febioxml. I'm going to see if I can remove this dependency so that you won't need the febioxml library anymore in the future.

Cheers,

Steve
          Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
          Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• Franzi
            • Feb 2020

Hi,

it worked and is running now!
            Thank you again for your help.

Cheers,
            Franziska