Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boundary force vector

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Maryrose

Maryrose,

Unfortunately, I also can't seem to replicate this problem on my system. I've rebuild FEBio2 with your FETractinLoad.cpp file with both icpc and g++, and I've used both your test files, and Gerard's. I'm not sure what could be causing this problem. I've asked our lead developer for his input on the issue, but while we are waiting for his response I'd like you try something for me.

I've just committed some files to our git repository that should help to automate the build system a bit more by using CMake. Update your local copy, make a new directory in the root of your copy called "cbuild" (this just helps keeps things cleaner), then in the cbuild directory run

Code:
    ccmake ..
    It should hopefully find your libraries automatically and I'm hoping that this build will be free of the problem that you're having. If you're unfamiliar with CMake, let me know and I can give you some more explicit instructions.

Thanks,

Michael Herron

Hi Michael,

When I run "ccmake .." I get an error when turning on USE_MKL. It says the MKLROOT environment variable is not set. Previously I updated the lnx64d.mk to link to the libraries.

Many Thanks,
    Maryrose

Maryrose,

The CMake script relies on the Intel compiler variables being set in your terminal. There should be a script called compilervars.sh somewhere in your intel installation. Mine is located in /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh. Before running cmake, you should run

Code:
    source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
    in your terminal. This will set up all of the necessary environment variables. If you compile often using the intel compiler, I would recommend that you add that line to your .bashrc file so that it will be run every time that you open a terminal.

Also, just so that you are aware, the lnx64.mk makefile in our repository also depends on these environment variables, and so running this script would allow you to use the makefiles in our repository without any manual editing of paths. I thought that our build guide mentioned this, but apparently it's only mentioned at the top of the file build/Makefile.

Let me know if you have any other problems,

Michael Herron

Thanks Michael, that worked. The traction vector is outputting as expected now.

Many Thanks,
    Maryrose