X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdpolly
    • Nov 2014

Crash when importing TetGen meshes

PreView crashes when I import some (but not) all meshes that I created from surface meshes using TetGen. I am running PreView 2.1.3 on Mac OS X 10.14.5 (Mojave).

The problem occurs during the Import Geometry step, which causes PreView to crash immediately when some meshes are loaded. I created the meshes outside PreView using TetGen from what was originally STL format surface meshes that were previously cleaned and reduced in size using MeshLab. The import files are in TetGen's ELE (elements) format and are made up of tetrahedral blocks. Some meshes created exactly the same way import without error in PreView. I have experimented with file size to make sure the problem isn't related to available memory by reducing all meshes to approximately the same file size and tetrahedron number.

I have examples of meshes that work and don't work, but the forum interface won't let me upload them.

Thanks for advice,
    David
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi David,

Can you email me one of the meshes that is causing PreView to crash? You may send it to steve dot maas at Utah dot edu.

Thanks,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• pdpolly
      • Nov 2014

Thank you Steve. The problem was that my TetGen mesh elements zero indexed instead of one indexed. I shouldn't have used the -z option to generate the meshes. Also the .node file had to be in the same folder as the .ele file.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍