Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonahA
    • Jun 2018

OK, for instance, if you create a sphere of radius 3, use the default meshing parameters (ratio 0.5, segments and divisions = 4, Dbias = Rbias =1), convert it to an editable surface (and thus make it a tet mesh) and then refine it as an editable mesh around some element with feather = 5 and facet splitting enabled, you get something like the example in the first file I sent you. If you create a hollow sphere of inner radius 3 and outer radius 3.01 and follow the same procedure, in this case checking the "hole" selection for the conversion to an editable surface, after some time you get something like the second example.

Comment

• JonahA
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by maas View Post
      Can you please send me your tet mesh. If it's too big to upload here, you may send it to steve dot maas at utah dot edu. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Steve
      So is there really not any way to refine the thin hollow sphere in the vicinity of a point without over-refinement of the whole object, then? That would be very useful for some of my models. I need to decrease the size of one of the permeable zones in my plug-in by about 90% to get close to a physical situation.

Comment

• lewisto1
        • May 2014

Hi all,
        I also have a problem exporting mesh's in GMSH and then importing this geometry into Preview (I'm using version 2.1.3). Following this thread I also went back to GMSH version 2.16.0.
        The Mesh re-opens/ re-imports into GMSH fine, but Preview displays this error;
        "Reading file E:/blocktest.msh ... FAILED:
        Invalid file type"
        Is anyone else having this problem or am I making a simple error in the export type?

(p.s. I've tried to attach the .MSH file but the forum webpage says the file type is invalid... is there another option for sharing the file?)

Comment

• adilkhan
          • Mar 2020

Originally posted by JonahA View Post
          I've been trying to import a .gmsh mesh file into PreView (file here). However, when I try to import it as geometry, it says that it doesn't recognize the Entities section: "Unknown Section: Entities." If I delete the Entities section from the file, it then gives "Error while reading Nodes section." These two programs should be compatible, right?
          Hello,
          I have been receiving the same error message when I try to import gmsh .msh files to Preview 2.1.1. I have tried using older versions of Gmsh (1.34.0, 2.0.0, 2.8.1 and 2.16.0) but have not been able to resolve the issue. Can someone give their insights on this? Any help will be very appreciated.

Regards,
          Adil

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞