• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SingleJ1
    • Mar 2019

PostView crashes while loading xplt

Hi,

I've been unable to open some xplt files I've generated with FEBio. I click 'open', select the file I want, and then the window closes almost instantly, with no indication that it's done anything.

The model data I want to look at is for the crown of a tooth (c.400 elements). While all variations of the tooth model have been reluctant to open, I have been successful opening the output of an arbitrary cube model I made in preview (c.5000 elements). I've attached one of the xplt files that won't open.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks
    Attached Files
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi,

We have just release PostView 2.4. If you have not tried that version, please do so first, and let us know if the problem persists.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• ianberg1
      • Mar 2019

Hello,

I'm not sure if the problem I am having is related to that of the original poster, but it is similar in function. When using PostView 2.4.0, I have not been able to open the xplt files generated from successfully running febio from PreView. Once I open the file, PostView sometimes closes without any message or warning. Other times it will open the file, but close without warning once I click on a different state or change the data displayed. However, I am able to open the file in PostView 2.3.2 with no problems. Here is the .feb file.

contracting_shell_lo.feb

I wasn't able to attach the .xplt file to the post, but I am happy to share it. Example files open for me in both PostView versions with no issues. I'm new to FeBio, so it is certainly possible I am making a mistake leading to the crashes, but for now I can successfully used the older PostView version for my model. I am running PreView2.1.3 and FEBio2.8.6 on Windows 10 64 bit.

Thanks,
      Ian

Comment

• SingleJ1
        • Mar 2019

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, I was already running 2.4 when I was having this problem, although 2.3.2 opens my file without any issue.

Comment

• maas
          Lead Code Developer
          • Nov 2007

I have uploaded a new version of PostView (version 2.4.1) that I suspect will work for you. Please give that a try and let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Steve
          Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
          Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• ianberg1
            • Mar 2019

Hi Steve,

Version 2.4.1 so far opens my files with no problems.

Thanks!
            Ian

Comment

• SingleJ1
              • Mar 2019

New version seems to work no problem, thanks so much for your help

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍