• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samus970
    • Oct 2017

AngioFE Linux Support

Hello,

I am just curious if the newest version of AngioFE will eventually be released with linux support? Also, what are the biggest changes with this new update if I may ask?

Thank you!
    Elysa
  • weiss
    • Nov 2007

Hi Elysa,

I have asked one of our developers to update the plugin download to include Release Notes, documenting the changes. Also, he will create a Linux version of the plugin. I assume that you need a Linux version, so once it is available, please report back on how it works. I'll update this thread when the new version of the plugin is available for download.

Thanks,

Jeff Weiss
    Jeffrey A. Weiss
    Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Utah
    Director, Musculoskeletal Research Laboratories
    jeff.weiss@utah.edu

Comment

• samus970
      • Oct 2017

Hello Dr. Weiss,

Thank you so much! Yes, I use a supercomputer cluster here on campus to run the simulations and they only support Linux unfortunately. I will definitely keep you posted on how it runs!

Thanks again,
      Elysa

Comment

• weiss
        • Nov 2007

You are welcome. While you await the updated documentation, you may want to take a look at our recent publication on the FEBio plugin framework. One of the sections of the manuscript describes the AngioFE plugin, in particular the new version:

Maas SA, LaBelle SA, Ateshian GA, Weiss JA: A Plugin Framework for Extending the Simulation Capabilities of FEBio. Biophysical Journal, 115(9):1630-1637, 2018

For the next 40 or so days, there is free access to the pdf via this link:

If you download the Supplementary Material for the paper, you should find additional details as well as input files to run the problems in the manuscript.

If you use this NEW plugin, which is a major rewrite of the original one, please cite our original paper:

Edgar LT, Maas SA, Guilkey JE, Weiss JA: A coupled model of neovessel growth and matrix mechanics describes and predicts angiogenesis in vitro. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 14(4):767-782, 2015.

AND the new paper in Biophys J.

Best regards,

Jeff
        Jeffrey A. Weiss
        Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Utah
        Director, Musculoskeletal Research Laboratories
        jeff.weiss@utah.edu

Comment

• samus970
          • Oct 2017

This is awesome! I will definitely read the publication and let you know if I have any questions and I'll make sure to cite both papers for my work. Thanks again!

Best regards,
          Elysa

Comment

• samus970
            • Oct 2017

Hello,

I'm just wondering what the current status of the linux support for AngioFE2 is?

Best,
            Elysa

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞