X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dougblake
    • Oct 2017

Validation Cases for the Muscle Model

I am interested in reviewing the validation cases that were used to verify the implementation of the muscle model. I know there are the two test cases, but if they were validation cases, there would be solutions for those problems calculated from another source to check those results. I want to be able to refer to those problems in my dissertation (which is using FEBio), and also use those cases as sanity checks for other results I am getting.

Thanks,
    Doug Blake
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Doug,

I assume you meant verification cases, instead of validation case? I don't think we can produce any verification problems that were used to verify the implementation aside from the two examples in the test suite. This material was implemented a long time ago, but if I recall correctly, it was verified against analytical solutions of simple scenarios, like uniaxial tension.

I should also point out that we recently fixed an issue with FEBio's tensor library that was affecting the convergence of this material (as well as the PRLig material), so make sure you grab the latest version of FEBio from the web when using the muscle material.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢