• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • njeffery
    • Sep 2011

transparency mode

Hi All,
    Playing with cell growth within a neo-hookean structure which is working very nicely. However, when viewing in postview (v. 2.3.0) I cannot see the inner structure (cell growth) when making the outer structure transparent? Tried all sorts of options. Only way to see the inner structure is to switch the outer one off, which is a shame - would be nice to see the growth through a transparent outer structure. Is there a work around, or perhaps I have missed an option somewhere
    cheers
    nathan
  • weiss
    • Nov 2007

If the inner structure and outer structure are separate materials, then you can adjust the transparency for the outer material in PostView. Under the Materials menu, select the out structure material, then go down to the property for transparency and adjust the value down from its default value of 1.0, i.e. to 0.2.

If you used the same material for both parts, go back to PreView or your input file and create separate materials for each part. PostView controls rendering based on unique materials.
    Jeffrey A. Weiss
    Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Utah
    Director, Musculoskeletal Research Laboratories
    jeff.weiss@utah.edu

Comment

• njeffery
      • Sep 2011

Thanks Jeff

Afraid that does not seem to work if the two (different materials) share a surface. The surface, and thus both materials, become transparent. I will install an earlier version to see if this is something new in 2.3.0

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍