• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samus970
    • Oct 2017

Preview import .iges file

Hello,
    I seem to be having some trouble importing a file into Preview as .iges. I've tried importing as .igs but Preview doesn't recognize the file format so I've changed the extension to .iges but I still get an error. A popup window appears that says "Failed importing FEBio file ERROR:." Please let me know if you would like to take a look at the file.

Thanks,
    Elysa
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Elysa,

What version of PreView are you using? If you are not using the most recent one (version 2.0), please download that version from web and try again. If you are using the most recent, I'll probably have to take a look at the file. If you cannot append it to this thread you may email me at steve dot maas at utah dot edu.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• samus970
      • Oct 2017

Hi Steve,

I just updated to the newest version of PreView but still seem to get the same problem, I have sent the file to your email.

Thanks,
      Elysa

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Hi Elysa,

I received your file and I confirm that the IGES file reader is not working. I will try to get it working by the next release. Unfortunately, there is no other workaround aside from using a different file format. Many software packages, including PreView, support the Abaqus inp format, so perhaps you can try that one? Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

• samus970
          • Oct 2017

Hey Steve,

No rush at all but do you happen to know around when the next release for PreView will be? Just would like to know so I can have a general idea of what to expect. Again, no rush!

Thanks,
          Elysa

Comment

• maas
            Lead Code Developer
            • Nov 2007

Hi Elysa,

We'll be releasing the next version later this week, but unfortunately, the IGES reader will not be fixed. It turned out to be more work than I anticipated, and I'll have to push it to a later release. I apologize for inconvenience. You may want to consider finding another software program that can convert the IGES file to another format. Not sure, but maybe look into GMesh?

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢