• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitkof6
    • Jan 2018

API examples and documentation

Hi,

I would like to use the C++ API in order to automate the model generation and simulation cases. I was able to setup, compile and link the API successfully on Linux. However, I was not able to find many details on how to use the API except the doxygen and the source code. Are there any available C++ examples or a manual on how to create and run simulations in similar manner to preview?

Do you ship the source code with a CMake configuration file? It would be great if the users can build the source on different targets.

Kind regards,
    Dimitris
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Dimitris,

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking, but if you are looking for some tutorials on how to use FEBio, you can start with the PreView manual. There are several tutorials in this document that guide you through the model setup process. If that is not what you were asking, can you please elaborate on your question.

Thanks,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• mitkof6
      • Jan 2018

Hi Steve,

I am interested if there are available examples of modeling through the C++ SDK, rather than using the preview tool. I would like to use FEBio programmatically so I can automate some tasks.

Best

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Ah, I see. Unfortunately, there is not, at least not yet. We have some plans on creating a C++ SDK for PreView, but this is still a long term goal. I do know there are some people who were able to create some automated pipelines using Matlab (e.g. Gibbon) or some other tools, although admittedly, this would require a significant development effort on your part.

Cheers,

Steve
        Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
        Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• mitkof6
          • Jan 2018

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀