• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antoine
    • Apr 2017

Set fiber in a transversely isotropic biphasic material

Hello FEBio community,
    We are researchers at the Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford, working on the knee modelling, using FEBio.
    In order to define the material properties of the articulate cartilage accurately, we use biphasic materials composed of a solid mixture of neo-hookean and spherical fiber distribution solid.

- In the case of the meniscus, we would like to add fiber orientations to represent the transversely isotropic property of this material.
    But after going through the FEBio User Manual, the different topics of the forum, and the papers we are still having difficulties.
    When we use the "set fiber" function, we can't see the fiber, but as we read in the forum it's normal. The problem is when we export model from Preview to the FEBio script, the fiber orientations are not created in the script.
    We get this same problem when using the "vector" and "node numbering" generator.
    Do you have any solutions for this problem ?

- We also used the "set axes" function, which is working and generating the correct orientations, but we obtain the same problem as described in the following post, when using the "node numbering" generator. Do you have any solutions for this problem?

We look forward to your response,

Thank you and kind regards,

Antoine
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Antoine,

I'll have to take a closer look but it looks like this is a bug in PreView. It also seems that the issue in the other post you mentioned was never addressed. Unfortunately, I don't have a work around for this problem. But, assuming it is easy to fix, I'll try to get this working this week.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• Antoine
      • Apr 2017

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply, if needed I can provide a part of my model to illustrate my issue.

Best regards,
      Antoine

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞