• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ece7048
    • Mar 2017

explicit-solid time step method

Hello everyone,

In the source code of FeBio 2.4 it has the option of explicit-solid time step. If I am not mistaken the solid and solid2 is implicit time step solver. For the explicit solid the class is the "FEExplicitSolidSolver.h". Is anywhere any documentation for the use of explicit -solid time step method for the FeBio? Thanks a lot for your time.

Best wishes,
    Michail
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Michail,

The explicit solver was a contribution from a developer who has not completed its implementation. Since the time it was introduced, many changes have been made to the code, which would require many updates to that solver. It has not been documented because it is not yet suitable for release.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• hjs
      • Jul 2020

Hi,

I can see on Github, that there has been some work on the explicit-solid solver since the last post.

Is it now possible to run explicit analysis with with FEBio3 and is the 3.0 xml-specification supported?

When I tried running it with febio3, febio reported that the "solver" tag in the "control" section was unrecognized.

Maybe you have a minimal example you can share?

Best
      Henrik

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Hi Henrik,

I attached an example that uses the explicit solver. Note that we have not tested all FEBio (solid mechanics) features with the explicit solver, so let us know if you run into problems.

Best,

Steve
        Attached Files
        Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
        Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘