viewing only selected vector plot arrows ( glyphs).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fay
    • Jul 2015

viewing only selected vector plot arrows ( glyphs).

Hello All, I have modelled a skull and wish to illustrate the principal Lagrange strains using the vector plot tool. My problem is that I am only interested in one small specific area which actually has quite low strain values, but this is quite difficult to visualise as the whole skull has some massive strains (and therefore massive arrows) overshadowing my area of interest. Does anyone know how I can either just show the arrows in one small area of the skull, OR just show the arrows for a certain range of values ( i.e. the small ones). Many thanks for your help :-) Fay.
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Fay,

Unfortunately, you cannot do that yet, although I agree that would be an interesting feature so I will definitely look into it. What you can do is normalize all the vectors so that at least they will all look about the same size. You can do this in the properties window of the vector plot in the model view panel. Then, you can play with the "Scale" parameter to size them the way you want. That should give you at least a sense of the orientation of the vectors. To get a feeling for the magnitude you select the same principal strain value as the value for the color map. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• Fay
      • Jul 2015

Hi Steve, thats great - I will try that. Many thanks for replying, Fay.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍