• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asixbabak
    • Jan 2015

Multiple damage variables and Plugin question

Hi,
    Actaully I have two questions:

1)I have built a damage model which has multiple damage materials and I was wondering how I could access the damage result variable for each of those material? I tried to dig into the source code to possibly build in a plugin or add to code but I am having some problems with plugin basics too.
    2)For practicing purposes, I am trying to make a .dll from the example Neohookeanpi plugin example on the website. I use codeblock IDE with a gcc compiler. I make a project for making a dynamic link library (dll) file and include three source codes provided in Neohookeanpi example plugin. i.e. dllmai.cpp FENeoHookeanPI.cpp and its header FENeoHookeanPI.h. I compile the header file and add directories and libraries as mentioned in Developer's Manual. However, I am unable to compile the dllmain.cpp. The error I am getting is: dllmain.o No such file or directory
    I was wondering if you had experience using codeblock IDE or any potential solution for this primitive problem?

Thanks,
    Babak
    Last edited by asixbabak; 12-03-2015, 06:47 AM.
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Babak,

Are you still trying to resolve this issue? I can help you with your item (1), let me know.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• ateshian
      Developer
      • Dec 2007

Hi Babak,

Are you still trying to resolve this issue? I can help you with your item (1), let me know.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• asixbabak
        • Jan 2015

Dear Dr. Ateshian,

I haven't yet resolved that issue, so I would be glad if you could do so.

I appreciate your help.
        Babak

Comment

• asixbabak
          • Jan 2015

Dear Dr. Ateshian,

I haven't yet resolved that issue, so I would be glad if you could do so.

I appreciate your help.
          Babak

Comment

• ateshian
            Developer
            • Dec 2007

Hi Babak,

Try this plugin: PlotNestedDamagePI.zip. It creates a plot variable called nested_damage_pi to let you save the damage for each damage material nested in a solid mixture. Let's say that your solid mixture contains five nested materials (not all of them need to be damage materials). If you want to save the damage in the second and fourth nested materials you can use
            Code:
            <var type="nested_damage_pi[2]"/>
            <var type="nested_damage_pi[4]"/>
            Try it out and let me know if that works for you. If the plugin does not work, you can copy these classes to FEBioMechPlot.h and FEBioMechPlot.cpp and register the plot variable in FEBioMech.cpp.

I have implemented a similar plot variable ("nested damage") that will be included in the next FEBio release (2.5).

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• andromeda
              • Sep 2015

Hi everybody

I tried to compile the code which was uploaded by Dr.Ateshian (PlotNestedDamagePI.zip) but I encountered an error message as following:

1>c:\users\pars\desktop\example\plugin\new\feplotn esteddamagepi.h(7): error C2504: 'FEDataStream' : base class undefined.

I tried to find 'FEDataStream' class in "FECore/FEPlotData.h" header file but I couldn't find such a class. I guessed maybe it has been replaced with another class with a different name but I couldn't recognize. could you please help me with this problem.

Thanks,

Faezeh

Comment

• maas
                Lead Code Developer
                • Nov 2007

Hi Faezeh,

It looks like he gave you a plugin that will only compile on our development version (2.5), not the current release version (2.4). I'll see if someone can fix that. Or if you have the FEBio source code you can look at other plot fields and see what the right syntax should be.

Cheers,

Steve
                Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
                Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• dsrawlins
                  Developer
                  • Dec 2008

Hi Faezeh,

I changed the plugin code to work with FEBio 2.4.2. Let me know if you have any problems.

Best,

Dave
                  Attached Files
                  Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
                  Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍