• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkimx024
    • Aug 2015

About Preview user's manual's example

Hi

When I try Tutorial 9 Axisymmetric analysis of biphasic indentation, I have some problems.

1st problem is slice element cannot convert to editable meshes

2st problem is tube element can convert to editable meshes, but I don't know which parameters is correct one.

When I try every single parameters, I cannot have same result as figure 19.

Also, if I select parameters Hex8 to Tet4, then I cannot use partition, weld add edit function.
    Attached Files
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi,

What do you mean you cannot convert to editable meshes? Did PreView give you an error or can you not find the option to do this. In the latter case, the Convert button is located on the Edit panel. If you click it, a drop down menu appears with an option to convert to an editable mesh. Note that this is a different Convert option than is found on the Mesh panel. The Convert tool on the Mesh panel is used to convert the elements in the mesh to a different element type. From your picture, it looks like that's what you did, but instead you need to use the Convert button on the Edit panel. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• jkimx024
      • Aug 2015

I cannot convert to editable meshes after click convert button on the edit panel. Also, I tried different options so many times to convert to editable mesh.
      It doesn't give any error. I think the convert function is not working. When I pressed convert button, It doesn't changed any thing.
      I read user manual and other user's questions about convert to editable mesh and I tried so many times. But it is just not working.
      However, when I import the some of stl files, that time I only can use editable function.

Comment

• jkimx024
        • Aug 2015

here I attached picture.
        The picture show that after click convert to editable mesh, the functions are not activated in such as partition.editable mesh.PNG

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍