• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidyytan
    • Jun 2014

Viscoelasticity

Hi,

Is it possible to increase the number of viscoelastic parameters for the discrete relaxation spectrum such that n is greater than 6 or implement a continuous relaxation spectrum for quasi-linear viscoelasticity theory?

Best regards,
    David
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi David,

If you are able to download and compile the FEBio source code, it would be relatively trivial to increase the number of viscoelastic parameters. However, realistically, if you can't reproduce your desired relaxation spectrum with six, I don't think that adding more will satisfy you.

We will be releasing FEBio 2.3 shortly. In this release there will be a new type of viscoelastic material called "reactive viscoelastic", based on the paper that I recently published (see here). It will have the option to specify Fung's continuous relaxation spectrum for quasi-linear viscoelasticity theory, which will agree with Fung's formulation in the range of small strains.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• davidyytan
      • Jun 2014

Thanks for your quick reply, may I know where can I can a copy of the source code as they are not available for download?

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

If you login to the febio.org webpage, go to FEBio Download page, and scroll down. There is a link that will take you to the source code request. Let us know if you have any issues downloading the source code.

Cheers,

Steve
        Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
        Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• davidyytan
          • Jun 2014

Alright! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀