Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biphasic Unconfined Compression Relaxation

Yes, that helps!

I am able to run a mooney rivlin poroelastic and transiso mooney rivlin poroelastic model. I seem to be getting the same results for both without any relaxation after the applied strain. Do you know how I can save the summary graphs in postview?

Thanks!

Catherine

Default Same problem

Hi,
    I have the similar problem – I have tried only a basic problem – a box loaded by a non-axial nodal force (using the editable mesh). When I tried to export this example to *.feb, it unexpectedly fall down. Moreover, this does not happen in all cases, but only from time to time. Is there anybody having the same experience? I have the preview version 1.2.1. and I hoped that the new one (1.2.4) will solve this problem. But in this case I am not able to create the mesh at all The mesh create button does not work. Can it be an installation problem?

Michala

Hi Michala,

I'm not sure I'm following. Is this still related to the biphasic unconfined compression problem? If not, can you please start a new thread? Also, I'll need some more information on when the problem occurs. See if you can find a pattern that causes PreView to crash. If possible, a preview input file that contains the problematic model would be useful as well.

Thanks,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Default Can´t open manuel.prv

Hi,
    I am trying this tutorial and I still have not managed to get the same result as you did. Moreover, I cannot open the manuel.prv to have a look at your setting. Would it be possible to attach this file again, please? I have the Prewiev version 1.2.1.

Thanks

Michala

same here, cannot open manuel.prv
    ________
    Cb450
    Last edited by kangli2; 04-07-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Hi,

I've been trying to get this tutorial to work for a bit now. I've redone the tutorial multiple times, on both Windows and Mac computers, to no avail. Whenever I export the preview file as a .feb file, and run the .feb file, I get this error:

Enter input file: unconfined_compression.feb
    FATAL ERROR: Failed opening input file unconfined_compression.feb

I attached my .feb file - please let me know if you'd like to see my PreView file, as it can't be uploaded here. Any help to get this to run would be greatly appreciated - I'm not sure if I'm missing a small trick somewhere along the way, but I'm now stuck as to what to do next to get this to work.

Thanks for any help,
    Brian

Hi Brian,

I don't think there is a problem with the file. I think the problem is with the way you are running FEBio. Please read the following post and let me know if that solves your problem. Tutorial 1: Running FEBio from the command line on Windows

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi,
    I have no problem running your feb file. Do you have the latest FEBio release (1.3)? Next, what you can try is run it from the command line on Windows (I mean not via the FEBio exe file).

Michala

Thanks for the help Steve - I got the FEBio program to start showing some signs of life from the command line. However, now whenever I input this latest .feb file, my Command Propmt pops up with a Windows dialog box because the program "stopped working" and then Windows forces it to quit whatever process it was running in the command line. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling FEBio 1.3 (Vista 64-bit), but this didn't help.

However, I know that my FEBio program should be working in general because when running one of my older .feb attempts at this tutorial it gives me a error about the hex8.mat having an invalid 0 attribute (I remember that this was due to no solid material being specified in the poro material but not too concerned as this was an older version). The latest .feb file that I posted here looks like it shouldn't have this same material definition problem. So it seems like this crashing doesn't happen with every file I run.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help with this issue,
    Brian

I'm not sure I'm following. Are you saying that FEBio is working for some files but not for others? If so, can you send me a file that is not working.

Since you mention Vista, I wonder if it may have something to do with the following. On Vista (and W7) the Program Files folder is protected which means that FEBio cannot write to that folder. Although it is fine to install FEBio there, you cannot run FEBio from that folder. We noticed that FEBio will crash when it tries to create the logfile in the Program Files folder. Could this be the problem?

Steve.