X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itsbcos
    • Nov 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to get this tutorial to work for a bit now. I've redone the tutorial multiple times, on both Windows and Mac computers, to no avail. Whenever I export the preview file as a .feb file, and run the .feb file, I get this error:

Enter input file: unconfined_compression.feb
    FATAL ERROR: Failed opening input file unconfined_compression.feb

I attached my .feb file - please let me know if you'd like to see my PreView file, as it can't be uploaded here. Any help to get this to run would be greatly appreciated - I'm not sure if I'm missing a small trick somewhere along the way, but I'm now stuck as to what to do next to get this to work.

Thanks for any help,
    Brian

Comment

• maas
      Lead Code Developer
      • Nov 2007

Hi Brian,

I don't think there is a problem with the file. I think the problem is with the way you are running FEBio. Please read the following post and let me know if that solves your problem. Tutorial 1: Running FEBio from the command line on Windows

Cheers,

Steve.
      Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
      Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• michalacadova
        • Jan 2010

Hi,
        I have no problem running your feb file. Do you have the latest FEBio release (1.3)? Next, what you can try is run it from the command line on Windows (I mean not via the FEBio exe file).

Michala

Comment

• itsbcos
          • Nov 2010

Thanks for the help Steve - I got the FEBio program to start showing some signs of life from the command line. However, now whenever I input this latest .feb file, my Command Propmt pops up with a Windows dialog box because the program "stopped working" and then Windows forces it to quit whatever process it was running in the command line. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling FEBio 1.3 (Vista 64-bit), but this didn't help.

However, I know that my FEBio program should be working in general because when running one of my older .feb attempts at this tutorial it gives me a error about the hex8.mat having an invalid 0 attribute (I remember that this was due to no solid material being specified in the poro material but not too concerned as this was an older version). The latest .feb file that I posted here looks like it shouldn't have this same material definition problem. So it seems like this crashing doesn't happen with every file I run.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help with this issue,
          Brian

Comment

• maas
            Lead Code Developer
            • Nov 2007

I'm not sure I'm following. Are you saying that FEBio is working for some files but not for others? If so, can you send me a file that is not working.

Since you mention Vista, I wonder if it may have something to do with the following. On Vista (and W7) the Program Files folder is protected which means that FEBio cannot write to that folder. Although it is fine to install FEBio there, you cannot run FEBio from that folder. We noticed that FEBio will crash when it tries to create the logfile in the Program Files folder. Could this be the problem?

Steve.

Comment

• itsbcos
              • Nov 2010

Steve,

That was exactly the problem. I guess that the program files folder was protected which caused that one file to crash before it finished. I changed the install directory to my desktop, repointed the PATH part, and reran the file which then worked fine.

Thanks!
              Brian

Comment

• jogomez
                • Jul 2011

Can not open manuel.prv

Originally posted by kangli2 View Post
                same here, cannot open manuel.prv
                ________
                Cb450
                I also have the same problem: I can not open manuel.prv. I got the message "Failed opening file ...manuel.prv". I have PreView version 1.5.2. ¿Any idea for solving this problem?

Thanks

Jose

Comment

• jogomez
                  • Jul 2011

Problmens with Biphasic example

Hello, I am trying to reproduce the biphasic example, but I have got some problems:

1. I can not open file manuel.prv. I have try Preview version 1.5.2 and 1.4.1
                  2. I have executed the manuel.feb in the example with FEBio version 1.3.0 and it looks OK, only I have a Warning: No force acting on the system.
                  But then, when I have tried to see the output, nothing happens to the system: no force, no displacement,...

Then, I have try to do myself the biphasic example, following the tutorials, and still I have some problems:
                  1. With Preview version 1.5.2, I have a problem when introducing biphasic material. I can select the material as biphasic, but then, when I save the preview file, and after that, I try to open, I got an error. In addition, I can not save the correct .feb file.
                  2. Then, I have moved to Preview version 1.4.1. Then, I have able to perform the biphasic example, but at the end, when I have tried to executed the feb file, I have got the same warning than before with mauel.feb file: No force action on the system, and nothing in the output file.

Any help? I am very interesting on FEBio and biphasic modelization.

Thank you very much.

José Antonio

Comment

• dsrawlins
                    Developer
                    • Dec 2008

José,

The quick answer is that you need to add:

<Module type="poro"/>

to the .feb file before the <Control> section. I'll take a look at what is happening with preview, create a new .prv file and update the zip file for this example.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

• dsrawlins
                      Developer
                      • Dec 2008

José,

I've attached an updated zip file for this example. Note that this problem is essentially the same as tutorial 5 in the PreView User's manual except that the tutorial does not use must points. One correction to the tutorial is that you need to select "Biphasic" instead of "Nonlinear Static" when you add the step.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

• jogomez
                        • Jul 2011

Thank you for your answer, now It works! .

Nevertheless, I have still a problem with preview1.5.2 using biphasic material. When I save a .prv file, and after I try to load it, the program crash.
                        What I am doing is Export the file as .feb, and when I want to re-open in Preview I use the Import option.

Regards.
                        José Antonio

Comment

• maas
                          Lead Code Developer
                          • Nov 2007

Jose,

Can you please upload the preview file that is crashing if it's not too big?

Thanks,

Steve.

Comment

• dsrawlins
                            Developer
                            • Dec 2008

Jose,

There was a bug in Preview that was causing the crash. It's been fixed and I've uploaded a new 1.5.2 version to the website. You may need to refresh your browser. Make sure the date on the file is today.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

• jogomez
                              • Jul 2011

Thank you very much.
                              Now Preview1.5.2 for windows works OK.
                              Please, could you also update Linux versions? I am usually working in Linux.

Regards
                              José Antonio

Comment

• dsrawlins
                                Developer
                                • Dec 2008

José,

The Linux versions of PreView 1.5.2 have been uploaded to the web site.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍