Save Summary/Trackview curves within Postview
issueid=363 01-05-2011 11:07 AM
Save Summary/Trackview curves within Postview

I know you can save Summary/Trackview curves to a textfile, but it would be really handy if you could save those curves within PostView's 'memory' and plot them later, even if you had opened a different plotfile. That would be particularly useful if you were doing quick mesh-convergence tests, or tolerance-convergence tests, or any other kind of perturbations where you want to quickly compare results between different plotfiles.

Not sure how difficult that would be to implement though.

(btw, I really like the summary tool...I don't think I've seen that in other packages I've used)
Issue Details
Issue Number 363
Issue Type Feature
Project PostView
Category Unknown
Status Implemented
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-13-2011 11:37 AM
Lead Code Developer
Hi Curt,

I'm not sure how easy it would be to support what you are requesting. I have some ideas on expanding PostView to support opening multiple models simultaneously. That will probably do what you want, however, this will be a major change and will require a lot of time to implement.

Perhaps, in the mean time, it would be easiest to export the data to a text file, and then after you loaded your other model, load the data back in from the Data panel.

On my end, I'll see if I can come with an easier intermediate solution.

Cheers,

Steve.

01-13-2011 11:37 AM
Issue Changed by maas
  • Status changed from Suggested to Accepted

01-24-2011 07:04 PM
Thanks Steve. Certainly nothing more than a minor convenience request for me. The ability to open multiple plotfiles will be nice!

09-08-2020 09:19 AM
Issue Changed by maas
  • Status changed from Accepted to Implemented

+ Reply