Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-10-2019 11:29 AM
Arion,

The Hide Selection feature is working well for me. Would you be able to provide more information about how you encountered this bug? Such as:

What operating system are you running on?
What version of PreView are you using? (This can be found by going to Help -> About PreView in the menus)
What were you attempting to hide? Were you trying to hide objects, parts, elements, nodes, surfaces, facets, etc.?

Please make sure that you are able to replicate this bug, and let us know what steps you took to replicate it. The more information we have about how the bug occurred, the more easily we can track it down and get it fixed.

Thanks,

Michael Herron

06-13-2019 05:44 AM
Im trying to hide a surface

06-17-2019 01:19 PM
Arion,

In speaking with our lead developer, I confirmed that this is not a bug. PreView allows you to hide objects, parts, and elements, but not surfaces, facets or nodes.

However, this is a feature that we might be able to add if there is demand for it. Why do you need to hide surfaces? Is the inability to hide surfaces preventing you from easily performing a specific task in PreView? With a few details about what you're trying to accomplish, we may be able to provide an alternative solution, or perhaps implement this feature.

Thank you,

Michael Herron

06-17-2019 01:24 PM
Quote Originally Posted by mherron
Arion,

In speaking with our lead developer, I confirmed that this is not a bug. PreView allows you to hide objects, parts, and elements, but not surfaces, facets or nodes.

However, this is a feature that we might be able to add if there is demand for it. Why do you need to hide surfaces? Is the inability to hide surfaces preventing you from easily performing a specific task in PreView? With a few details about what you're trying to accomplish, we may be able to provide an alternative solution, or perhaps implement this feature.

Thank you,

Michael Herron
This "feature" existed in older versions. I want to assign a boundary to a surface inside an object.

06-17-2019 03:30 PM
Arion,

I believe the feature was removed do to some problems it was causing with the code after some changes were made to the hiding tools. Given the ability to hide parts, and the ability to select surfaces through other surfaces, it was determined at the time to be a redundant feature, and so was removed.

Before we take the time to reimplement this feature, please attempt the following for us, if you haven't already. When a surface is selected, it becomes partially transparent and allows you to see surfaces behind/inside of that surface. If you then click on one of those newly-exposed surfaces, PreView will select it. If this feature still does not allow you to select the surface that you want, please see if there is a way to select the surface by hiding adjacent parts. Please note that "objects" can be selected by first selecting the green sphere selection icon, and each object can contain multiple "parts". Parts are selected by first selecting the blue sphere selection icon.

If after trying these approaches you are still unable to select the surface that you need to, please let us know. If you are able to select the surface using one of these methods, but doing so significantly messes up your workflow, or takes much longer than simply hiding a surface and selecting the other, also let us know.

Thank you,

Michael Herron

06-18-2019 12:10 AM
I have 11 surfaces inside an object. how should i select the middle one?

+ Reply