X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alina_
    • Jun 2024

Error in Spine model testing

I am getting 'fatal error in factorization of stiffness matrix; What does this mean? I have imported the geometry of pia mater, dua mater, and spine from the hypermesh software and created the back support and impactor in Febio.
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi,

This error is not sufficiently descriptive on its own to provide a simple explanation. Would you consider sharing your model?

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• alina_
      • Jun 2024

Hello, I am not able to upload the file here. The project is that I have made a spinal cord model( with dua mater, pia mater, and spine), which is placed on the plate. We want the impactor to hit the spine model and check the deformation caused, can you please guide me in this case on what kind of conditions I should apply for boundary conditions, contact, constraints etc. I am new to Febio, kindly help me with this. Thanksimage.png

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Hi,

If you are new to FEBio and FEBio Studio it might be helpful to take a look at the Tutorials section of the Knowledge base. In particular, the tutorial on creating your first model in FEBio, might be a useful to start. The Webinars that are offered on the Knowledgebase can also be good resource as they dive into some more advanced topics, including contact.

Regarding the specific error "fatal error in factorization", the most likely cause for this is that you ran out of memory. Try running the model on a computer that has more memory and see if the issue persists. If it does, (and you are convinced you had sufficient memory), it might be helpful to send us the model so we can take a closer look.

Best,

Steve
        Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
        Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• alina_
          • Jun 2024

We want the impactor to hit the spine model and check the deformation caused, can you please guide me in this case on what kind of conditions I should apply for boundary conditions, contact, constraints etc.

Comment

• maas
            Lead Code Developer
            • Nov 2007

I can't seem to access the link. Can you modify the permissions or perhaps share it differently?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

• alina_
              • Jun 2024

Please try now. Thanks

Comment

• maas
                Lead Code Developer
                • Nov 2007

Hi alina_

Please see my reply in Spinal Cord Modelling - FEBio Forum.

Best,

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X