X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schwarze
    • Dec 2023

Restarting material plugin using FEParamVec3

I've created a material plugin that uses a FEParamVec3 (specifically a math-defined FEParamVec3 that varies over the surface of the model I'm simulating). However, when I dump and then attempt to restart my simulation, I recieve a SegFault when I try to call this vector. However, I also have a FEParamDouble in my plugin that is also math-defined on the model surface, and that seems to restart correctly with no issues.

Does anyone know what might be causing this/how to fix it?
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Erica,

You've stumbled upon a bug, but I think I have it fixed. I know you are building your own code, but for anyone who might see this post, I pushed the fix to the development version, and a dev update is available.
    To get this fix in the code, please checkout the latest develop branch from git and then please give it another try. Let me know if it indeed solves the issue for you as well.

Best,

Steve
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• schwarze
      • Dec 2023

Yes, this seems to be working! However, it seems that dumping/restarting requires saving the plotfile as an FEBio type (instead of VTK as I usually do). When I try to open the xplt in FEBioStudio, I get the error:

Failed reading file :
      ~/TAA_simple_HEX27_hypertension_2.xplt
      ERROR: This plot file requires a newer version of FEBio Studio.

I am using the 4.0 feb input file format and the 2.4.0 version of FEBioStudio (the most recent version available for Linux, the operating system I use).

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Hi Erica,

There was indeed a bug in FEBio related to restart using VTK output files, but I think I got that fixed. Code has been committed to the develop branch.

You don't need an update to FEBio Studio for this fix, but I do want to point out that the most recent version of FEBio Studio is 2.5 and it should be available for Linux as well. Remember, you can also update from within FEBio Studio if you want to update to the latest development version. (See here for instructions.)

Best,

Steve
        Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
        Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢