• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • car207
    • Jun 2020

Issues exporting and importing parts

Hello,

When I export my model as a .feb file and have the "export parts" box checked, I cannot import that FEModel back into FEBio studio because I get the error "Unrecognized Tag NodeSet at line...". This occurs even if I do not make any changes to the model after exporting and before importing. Do you have any suggestions for how I can manipulate the .feb file so that FEBio studio recognizes the different Node sets? I have the Mac version of the software.

Edit** The main issue I am having with importing/exporting and running files is that I am losing the interior surfaces of my geometry when I do so. I am wanting to prescribe a displacement to the interior of an artery. However, when generating and reading in the .feb file for the model, FEBio does not recognize the original surfaces that I am interested in. Therefore, when I run the model or read in a .feb file, my Surface information is lost and the geometry does not have the two layers (inner wall of the vessel and outer wall of the vessel) that I created and applied a displacement to. I am attaching two screenshots-one of the original geometry with the interior and exterior surfaces and one with the geometry that has removed the interior surfaces. In the original one, I have selected the exterior surface to show that there is an interior surface under it. The number of surfaces also goes from 5 to 3 when I read in the .feb file.

Thanks in advance!

Carly
    Attached Files
    Last edited by car207; 07-30-2020, 09:38 AM. Reason: clarification and additional info
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Carly,

If you email me at ateshian@columbia.edu, I can share with you the latest Mac executable for FEBioStudio. You can check and let us know if the issues you are encountering occur in that version as well.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• ateshian
      Developer
      • Dec 2007

Hi Carly,

Thanks for sending me that file. What you need to do is to partition your mesh into multiple parts (arterial wall, lumen, for each of the two arteries). Here are the steps you need to follow:

1) Convert the part to Editable Mesh
      2) Click on Select Elements, Select Connected and click on an element of one of the two arteries. You should see the entire arterial wall selected.
      3) Under Edit Mesh select Partition and Apply. This will create a part for the arterial wall of the artery you selected.
      4) Repeat (2) and (3) for the second artery. This will create a part for the arterial wall of that second artery.
      5) Now your model has three parts (the lumens of both arteries are still lumped together as a single part). Expand the Geometry in the Model tree, expand Vessels, then Parts. Hide the last two parts (the ones you just created) by right-clicking on each. You should now see the part corresponding to the lumen of both arteries.
      6) Repeat (2) and (3) on one of the two lumens.

At the end you should have four parts. You can rename them in the Model tree if you want. If you now export this model, the mesh will be separated into those four parts, so re-importing the mesh will preserve these partitions.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

Working...
      X