• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ocatapus
    • Oct 2013

Distribution calculation

Hi all,

I wrote a java based program that might be helpful to you guys. This program can constantly scan .feb files in a folder in the client computer and send them to available computers which are assigned as servers. After the .feb files are solved in servers, the output files (.log and .xplt) will be sent back to the client.

How to setup:
    1. Make sure all the computers are in a local area network.
    2. Client side:
    a. Run StartClient.bat or in command prompt enter "java Client"
    b. Enter the number of servers
    c. Enter the computer name of each server
    3. Server side:
    a. Run StartServer.bat or in command prompt enter "java Server"
    b. Enter the default client name (in general you don't need this, just type anything there)
    c. Enter the FEBio.exe path. If the path of febio.exe on your computer is C:\Program Files\FEBio1p8\febio.exe, you enter C:\\Program~1\\FEBio1p8

How to use:
    1. Copy .feb files into the folder "Task". The program should be able to find the .feb files and send them to server computers. The program will DELETE the file then.
    2. The output files (.log and .xplt) will appear in the folder "Result" once they are available.

Note:
    1. .feb files should not have same names.
    2. If two or more clients exist, the program should be able to work. But the priority issue is not included : (
    3. Server and client program can run in the same computer.

If you find it interesting please join me. The Github:
    Group computers into a cluster. Contribute to XingyuChen01/FEBio-NetWork development by creating an account on GitHub.

I myself developed this to achieve distribution calculation in optimization. It would be wonderful if FEBio could have parallel computing features.

Xingyu
    Attached Files
Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡