• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r.j.romijnders
    • Sep 2013

Cut out spherical geometry from cube

Dear all,

is it possible perhaps to cut out a spherical geometry from a bigger cube geometry.
    Via Create > Box, I have created a cube (Position: x, y, z => 0, 0, 0) and (Parameters: width, height, depth => 30, 30, 30)
    Subsequently I have created a sphere: Create > Sphere (Position: x, y, z => 0, 0, 15) and (Parameters: radius= 5)

Now I want to model a cell in any tissue, with the cell having different material properties than the tissue material.
    Therefore, I want to cut out the cell from the cube, and assign different material properties to the cutted material.

Is this possible?

Kind regards,
    Robbin
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Robbin,

This feature does not exist yet. I had put in a similar request three years ago (here). For now, you need to use a full-fledged meshing software to reproduce this feature.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• r.j.romijnders
      • Sep 2013

All right, thanks for your quick response!

Kind regards,
      Robbin

Comment

• asixbabak
        • Jan 2015

Dear Dr. Ateshian,

Would you please give some examples of full-fledged meshing software you mentioned above? I am trying to make a model of randomly scattered fibers inside a cubic medium but I am still looking for a compatible and practical method for doing so. I have issues automating contact ties between my cylinders and the matrix material, and also defining the geometry of the medium.

Best,
        Babak

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞