• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r.j.romijnders
    • Sep 2013

Running PreView on Linux Centos 6.5

Dear all,

I have downloaded PreView 1.12 for using it on my Linux Centos 6.5 distribution.
    When I want to run preview.lnx64 the following error message appears:
    [s080277@mate-stud17 PreView]$ ./preview.lnx64
    ./preview.lnx64: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./preview.lnx64)
    ./preview.lnx64: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./preview.lnx64)
    Accoring to this thread on the CentOs forum, I should try to obtain a version of PreView that can run with my current 'glibc' and 'glibcxx'.

You are chasing this from the wrong end. The problem is that the program you are trying to run is compiled and linked against the wrong copy of the C runtime. The C runtime on CentOS is exactly how it should be and does not support that level of code. The solution is not to change glibc (which effectively means throwing away your entire operating system and rebuilding it) but to use a version of the application that is actually built to run on your o/s. If there is an SRPM for the package you are trying to run then rebuilding that on CentOS 6 will produce a version that will work.
    Does anyone have an idea to fix this or is there a version of PreView that is actually able to run on CentOs 6.5?

Kind regards,
    Robbin
  • dsrawlins
    Developer
    • Dec 2008

Hi Robbin,

The 32 bit version of PreView is built with an older GLIBC. Try that and see if it works.

Best,

Dave
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢